Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Captain's Log... The Secret to Lists...

It's never this easy!




I've been trying to figure out a weird list using the Dark Angels or Space Wolves Codex. I love the DA but the SW forces I have come up with using my models are more forgiving due to my many mistakes.

Ouch! Ouch! OUCH!

Saturday is a 'Fast and Furious' tournament of 40K at the FTW games here in Richmond. The point level is 500, 4x4 tables, and there are some particular rules about vehicles, characters, so on and so forth. It's all designed by Rob and his crew at the store for fast play and to get beginners involved who don't have loads of models.

Why, yes I am!

I've been struggling with the parameters and such for the event and have thought I might just skip the whole thing but I'd like to get out of the house. I'm still figuring it all out.

So, I'm sitting here reading articles, watching television, fiddling with lists. Here's the secret to list building...

You have to make it your own.

Anyone can copy a list from the net, anyone can email one of the more popular blogs or post on a forum, anyone can use the list but you are the one who has to play it. Stelek over at YTTH makes lists all the time but challenges people to play them and give him the results.  I haven't read anything yet as to someone who has been successful yet have read they 'tweeked' one of his lists. In other words... they made it their own.

Well done Mike!

Tony Kopac, undefeated winner of the NOVA Open 2011, Adepticon 2011, and NOVA Open 2010, makes the wolves his own and it shows in a list he created and his skill on the table. He is an exceptional young man when it comes to our hobby and is rightly rewarded for being exceptional.

The internet can go to hell when it comes to his critics.

CK


No comments:

Post a Comment