Friday, June 1, 2012

Captain's Log... Happy Birthday FTW Games...

Has it really been two years?

Happy Birthday FTW Games in Richmond Virginia!

I wouldn't call Rob Baer my friend or anything. We don't hang out, I know little of his life beyond the local store but wargamers form bonds none the less. There is nothing like walking into the local store, or any game store for that matter, and being at home.  I'm really just a customer doing what I can, when I can, but you get the idea.

This weekend (the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd) is the birthday weekend for FTW games and it looks like it will be another one to remember. Last year I went and stayed late into the night and this year I will try and do the same. There were only 15 people standing in line for the store to open this afternoon to try and score some 'swag' Rob was handing out!

Ever the hobbiest, Rob has had a friend from out of town come (Goatboy from BOLS) to do some art, partake in adult beverages, and of course game. He's got Bloodbowl demos lined up, he's got an 'Iron Man' 40K going all night Saturday, and Friday Night Magic will fill the shop with at least 75 people. I'm thinking some cool stuff is going to happen in a short amount of time.

For my part I am going to try and do the 'Iron Man' if I'm feeling up to it. I was home this week sick, trying not to get the 'man-child' sick (don't know yet), and my wife was sick while serving on jury duty. It's not a pretty situation unless you're the dog... who slept all at my feet or within a 'nose' sniff.

I did manage to get my 'Adepticon X' bag from Battle Foam spiced up with some art by Goatboy. Always with the 'beaks'!


Thanks again Thomas!

I'll be in other corners trying to get healthy...

CK



No comments:

Post a Comment