Thursday, May 24, 2012

Captain's Log... Editorial...

The Dark Knight Rises – Official Trailer 2 | Appearances of the Batwing
This is a gunship.

All over the net and our hobby are the pictures, rules, and commentary for the new models coming to a retail outlet near you... unless you are a Black Templar, Dark Angel, Grey Knight, Space Wolf, or Blood Angel.

A long time ago someone told me that when something 'bad' happens you get 24 hours to complain, disagree, beach, or otherwise and then you get your posterior in gear and get over it.

I've got 23 more hours...


Truth be told, I'm disappointed. Although I'm not overly fond of the new Storm Talon Gunship model, it would have been a great addition and modeling opportunity for the fore mentioned chapters. It's tough to invest in a model that will get no use... just because. I know xenos/chaos players are chomping at the bit for a new book, and have my sympathy and support, but in a phrase... this smacks.


I've been at home sick, trying to focus on some hobby stuff, and the early reports of flyers were cool. Late 5th Edition as it seems could go out with a scream of  long forgotten engines, dakka of some shoota's, and signal the entrance of a whole new set of rules.

 
Now, I predict it will go out with a whimper...



I typically don't 'complain' and try to remain positive and then, even if my rhubarb gets rubbed, I try to take a positive action. It doesn't always work out that way but I try. This is not one of those occasions.

Games Workshop I rate you a zero on the scale of one through ten on this release. This is as positive as I can get. As a long time customer, my opinion is that you should have been inclusive instead of exclusive since it would have helped your 'bottom line' or in a word... profits. I doubt you will hear me since you only answer to... well, I'm not sure who you answer to anymore. This makes now sense business wise or to the hobby.

I'll be in the corner... practicing for a tournament on the 2nd at FTW in Richmond, VA.

CK




No comments:

Post a Comment