Monday, February 27, 2012

Captain's Log... Stay on Target...


Family, work, hobby... keeping to a schedule is key with anything you do regardless of how you hobby.

Work though is really  interfering with my hobby time! :P I jest of course...

As promised from yesterday I have more pictures of my progress while I get ready for Adepticon 2012. I also managed to get an additional/alternate model painted.




Above is the squad as it could be. Nothing special just five 'cout-as' grey hunters and a combi-melta attachment. Pretty plain, rank and file, a few bits and bobs here and there... standard stuff...


The leader of the unit has the power weapon made from a 2nd edition power sword and the shaft of a 2nd edition power axe. the fist actually has a hold drill all the way through it and the two bits are fitted inside the hole. I have actually used these guys as 'power fist' guys too (since it takes two hands to weld properly) and most people just shrug and say... makes sense.

The hoods are done like my scouts with the face drilled out and blackened in. The kitbash reminds me of Nazgul's from the Lord of the Rings.


The last man in the unit is the 'attachment' combi-melta. He's pretty plain. Sooo....



I did not do this kitbash/conversion. I bought it last week while I was up at the local shop. Eight bucks and the Ultramarine blue was gone in a flash. I really like the auspex in his hand and only added the blue face plate to the original paint job.

Yah... he's going to Adepticon. Unless someone protests of course!

I'm doing another missile fang squad this week and will show a comparison of the old RTB01 missiles versus the new Forge World kits that are out.

I'll be in other corners... wondering if I can win the lottery so I can get more hobby time...

Hmmm...

CK

No comments:

Post a Comment